The Monte-Carlo Ballet Company, led by the artistic director and choreographer Jean-Christophe Maillot, is set to present “Romeo and Juliet” at the Seoul Arts Center in Seocho-gu from Friday to Sunday.
This is the Monaco-based ballet company’s first performance in Korea since their 2019 rendition of “Cinderella.”
Maillot reimagines Shakespeare’s literary masterpiece through the flashbacks experienced by the distraught Friar Laurence as he reflects on how the tragic end of two young lovers came to be.
- Beef prices have soared 100
- KT & G to build new tobacco plant in Kazakhstan
- Seoul shares end higher on tech gains, Fed comments
- [Exclusive] 'Game of Thrones' publisher inks deal for Korean books for first time
- 'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
- S. Korea may decide to increase medical student quota as early as next week
- 尹지지율 긍정 33%·부정 58%…"명절 기간 물가 등 경제난 체감"
- Gwanghwamun's 'woldae' to be unveiled this week after restoration